The Atlas is used by a range of industry sectors, these include: energy developers, environmental and engineering consultacies, goverment departments and academic organisations.
Users show an even preference for wind, wave and tidal data. They indicate that the data layers are used to help develop site characterisation, support initial site selection and illustrate reports and other publications.
The Atlas underpins strategic level marine resource assessments throughout the UK, these include:
- DETI - SEA Offshore Wind and Marine Renewable Energy in Northern Ireland
- DTI/ BERR (now DECC) – Offshore Energy Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
- RegenSW – Offshore Resource Assessment
- Sustainable Development Commission – Tidal Power in the UK
- The Crown Estate – Marine Resource System (MaRS)
- Welsh Assembly Government - Marine Renewable Energy Strategic Framework
> Click here to explore the Atlas data layers
> For more information about the datasets used in the Atlas call +44 (0) 2380 711879